Associate Financial Planner Job Summary
An Associate Financial Planner at Financial Service Group serves as the client/lead advisor liaison. Our AFP acts in a supporting role to the lead advisor who is primarily responsible for developing new business opportunities and creating financial plans with our clients. For a high-energy, professional and mature contributor, this is an excellent opportunity to prepare for possible advancement to a lead advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Associate Financial Planner at Financial Service Group
- The Associate Financial Planner prepares client reports and maintains contact with clients to provide or obtain updated information. The AFP participates in client meetings but does not take the lead in an advising or decision-making capacity.
- Assists with setting up client accounts; reviewing and maintaining client transactions and activity; and executing client and firm tasks such as transferring assets, generating reports, and generally supporting financial planning and investment strategies. The Associate Financial Planner is also responsible for buying and selling securities as directed by the lead advisor.
- Communicating with clients, verbally and in writing
- Delivering superior client service—troubleshooting problems, organizing meetings; serving as liaison between advisor and client
- Managing client information—preparing client reports, submitting and following up on necessary paperwork, regularly updating CRM software (Redtail)
- Gathering, organizing and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context
- Preparing client financial plans and presentations for review by advisor
- Attending client meetings in a supporting and learning role
- Assisting client in completing firm and custodian paperwork
- Preparing agendas & reports for client meetings
- Preparing meeting notes after client meetings
- Preparing year-end tax projections for firm clients
- Supporting the sales & marketing processes as directed by advisor
Associate Financial Planner Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience in a financial planning environment
- Bachelor’s degree minimum (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ designation completed or in-process preferred); MBA desirable
- Quick to learn new technology and comfortable with change and uncertainty in ambiguous situations
- Self-starter with desire to learn; must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate and able to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others and a desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Why join FSG as an Associate Financial Planner?
In 2018, Financial Service Group, Inc. celebrated 35 years of serving clients in Racine and surrounding communities. Our small, but mighty fee-only firm is a working home to our eight employees including three CFP® planners. Retaining our culture is paramount with every hire and we take our time to make the choice that will integrate with the team, align with our values, and be an ideal fit in working with our select group of clients.
As a fee-only firm, we do not sell financial products or receive commissions as payment. Rather, our clients pay a retainer and we provide them with a full range of services related to all aspects of their financial well-being. Our services include industry innovations such as Career Asset Management, Elder Life Planning, and Caring Hearts Conversations to augment more traditional retirement, investment, tax and other financial planning services. It’s easy for any firm to say “we’re different” but we really are! It’s our goal to ensure we take care of our clients’ financial well-being so they can focus on other important aspects of their great life…as they define it. We are uniquely positioned to respond to the growing population in Racine, Kenosha and surrounding areas as their local, conflict-of-interest-free, financial planning partner.
We know it’s our employees that ultimately make us successful. Without a solid team that shares our unique value proposition, we couldn’t deliver what we promise to our clients. And we strive to create work+life fit in an environment of flexibility and creativity amid the hard work that goes on every day. Clients are clients of the firm, not of individual financial planners and we capitalize on the strengths of each team member in the helping them get more than they expect from FSG. Every member our team has the ability to contribute to and participate in co-creating our ensemble lifestyle firm.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be based on experience (no commission) and is competitive with industry standards
- Benefits – PTO, 401K, Profit Sharing eligible, Health Insurance, long-term disability
- Financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
Application Process for the Associate Financial Planner Opening
Send letter of interest and resume to info@ToYourWealth.com
Financial Service Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer