Tax Manager position opening with FSG!
Paid summers off! If you’re an experienced Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) looking for less stress, fewer high-season hours, benefits, and summer months off, FSG’s unique opportunity might be the role for you. As the lead of Financial Service Group’s tax service, you will be responsible for tax planning and tax preparation for all clients’ individual taxes.
This opportunity affords a reasonable schedule during peak tax season from September to May (40-50 hours/week) and time off in June, July and August. You’ll be actively engaged in work for 8-9 months and paid over 12 months.We offer a hybrid remote work location arrangement with 20% in-office time anticipated.This job is perfect for a seasoned (yet exhausted) tax pro looking for more flexibility and work/life fit even during busy season or a senior team member looking to reduce hours prior to retirement. This could be your chance to escape the 80 hour high season mayhem and join a firm where you can fully contribute your expertise as a permanent member of our team without burning yourself out!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and signs <300 tax projections and individual tax returns using Lacerte Tax software
- Required: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) designation
- Required: 5 or more years of related tax experience in a professional work environment
- Desired: Tax preparation experience using Lacerte Tax software or similar program
- Attention to detail; must be organized, accurate, and able to multitask
- Self-starter with desire for continuous learning
- Quick to learn new technology and comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of an organization – and a desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Salary and Benefits
- $60-$70,000 annual salary (September to May approximately 1,000 hours)
- Benefits – Paid time off (including summers!), Health Insurance,401(k) with Employer Match, Profit Sharing Contribution, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Financial support for professional continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
Why join FSG?
Our mission is to take care of our clients’ financial well-being so they can focus on other important aspects of their great life as they define it. For nearly 40 years, Financial Service Group has been serving clients in Racine and surrounding communities. As a fee-only financial life advisory firm, we do not sell financial products or receive commissions as payment. Rather, our clients pay a retainer, and we provide them with a full range of financial planning services including tax planning and preparation in addition to retirement, investment, and elder life planning.
If you’re tired of the high season grind at a public accounting firm, we have an alternative. If you’re a CPA or EA at or nearing traditional retirement age but still want to keep your toe in the water, we’ve got a seat for you. If you want to have your summers free to spend experiencing your own great life, we have the opportunity for you to do that. If you like the idea of being paid over 12 months for 8-9 months of active work AND you’re a CPA or EA with 5+ years under your belt, let’s talk!
email us at Info@toyourwealth.com to set up time for an introductory conversation.
Financial Service Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer