Office Assistant/Receptionist position opening
The office assistant at Financial Service Group serves as the primary receptionist and office support person. Often the firm’s first impression with clients, this role requires a high-energy, professional who is willing to take on the many tasks that helps keep our office running smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones and doorbell promptly and with courtesy
- Effectively communicate with clients, verbally and in writing (phone, email, in-person)
- Deliver respectful client service—address general questions, route client concerns to appropriate team member and ensure, through your actions, that our clients feel valued and appreciated
- Schedule/reschedule virtual and/or in-person appointments and maintain multiple calendars
- Handle confidential client information when emailing, scanning, copying, filing, and inputting data into various databases
- Create, update, and maintain client contacts in CRM
- Oversee incoming and outgoing mail and package pick-up/delivery
- Contribute to tax preparation process by printing and assembling client tax returns, facilitating e-filing, and notifying clients when taxes are ready for pick-up
- Use DocuSign to send compliance documents, transaction reports and other items for signature
- Prepare client meeting packets and send appointment reminder notices
- Facilitate client referrals and send donation notices to appropriate parties
- Track, stock, order, and mail books and/or other promotional offerings
- Generally support brand image, reputation and events
- Complete office tasks to ensure an orderly environment – prep and clean-up following office meetings; remove garbage/recycling; stock office, kitchen, and restroom supplies
- Act as a team player and demonstrate values consistent with the firm’s culture
- Have a high school diploma and some post-high school education is preferred
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in a professional office environment
- Be able to communicate clearly and professionally in words and actions·
- Be a self-started with desire to learn; must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to multi-task
- Be proficient with multi-line phone system, email, MSWord, and have some experience using CRMs and calendar tools
- Be able to work independently and effectively as part of a small team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Be comfortable in a small company environment
Salary and Benefits
- $17-$22 per hour. We pay for performance, not potential. You will have the opportunity to increase your pay based on merit and demonstrated success in your role
- Benefits – PTO, 401K, Profit Sharing eligible, Health Insurance, long-term disability, parental leave, sabbatical eligible
- Financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
Why join FSG?
In 2023, Financial Service Group, Inc. is celebrating 40 years serving clients in Racine and surrounding communities. Our small, but mighty fee-only firm is a working home to our nine employees including three CFP® planners. Retaining our culture is paramount with every hire and we take our time to make the choice that will integrate with the team, align with our core values, and be an ideal fit in working with our select group of clients.
As a fee-only firm, we do not sell financial products or receive commissions as payment. Rather, our clients pay a retainer and we provide them with a full range of services related to all aspects of their financial well-being. Our services include industry innovations such as Career Asset Management, Elder Life Planning, and Caring Hearts Conversations to augment more traditional retirement, investment, tax and other financial planning services. It’s easy for any firm to say “we’re different” but we really are! It’s our goal to ensure we take care of our clients’ financial well-being so they can focus on other important aspects of their great life…as they define it. We are uniquely positioned to respond to the growing population in Racine, Kenosha and surrounding areas as their local, conflict-of-interest-free, financial planning partner.
We know it’s our employees that ultimately make us successful. Without a solid team that shares our unique value proposition, we couldn’t deliver what we promise to our clients. And we strive to create work+life fit in an environment of flexibility and creativity amid the hard work that goes on every day. Clients are clients of the firm, not of individual planners and we capitalize on the strengths of each team member in the helping them get more than they expect from FSG. Every member our team has the ability to contribute to and participate in co-creating our ensemble lifestyle firm.
FSG Firm Values
- We do everything with heart – in dealing with clients and with each other, we act with compassion, empathy, respect and flexibility. We are present and engage in active listening. In big things and small, we are guided by our internal compass that drives our behaviors to act and respond from the heart.
- We honor our commitments – We are responsive to your inquiries. We show up on time to meetings and follow-up with notes and action items. We operate in integrity and you can count on us to do what we say we’re going to do.
- We are transparent – We know that peace of mind starts with trusting that you have access to full information to help you make decisions about your great life. We believe in transparency in our working relationships–with clients and with each other–through honest and forthright communication, even when the topic is difficult.
- We have a deeply seeded culture of collaboration. Our clients are at the center of our financial planning process and team. We work together to align their goals with financial planning strategies that help each of them live their great life. Our clients are clients of our firm, not clients of an individual advisor. That means you benefit from the collective wisdom of multiple planners and support team.
- We never stop learning – Our team knows they need to be ready today and tomorrow to innovate for the future. We believe in professional development and we support an environment that celebrates differences.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of our team!
Financial Service Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer