We’re looking for our next great hire and you can help. In appreciation for your referral that turns into a hiring choice for us, we’ll donate $500 to a charity in your name! This opportunity offers the right person a chance to join our small but mighty team of professionals, dedicated to serving our clients beyond their expectations. This role will wear different hats and contribute to our client and team experience in a meaningful way. Take a look at the description below and please feel free to share with anyone you might know who could fit the bill!
Position Description – Client Service & Tax Specialist
As the FSG Client Service and Tax Specialist you will be responsible for completing client taxes, executing trades, and serving clients to ensure an accurate, consistent, and optimal experience. You will also support lead advisors and operational functions. If you want to wear multiple hats, be a part of a dynamic team, and contribute in a meaningful way to client satisfaction, FSG could be a great fit for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares tax returns for a significant portion of the firm’s 250 clients along with tax projections using Lacerte Tax software
- Assists with client service tasks including setting up new client accounts, transferring assets at various custodians (e.g. Charles Schwab & Co.); reviewing client transactions and providing general support to four financial advisors
- Prepares agendas and client reports prior to client review meetings; Drafts post-meeting notes and assists with executing follow-up tasks after client review meetings
- Assists with preparing investment recommendations, rebalancing client portfolios & executing trades on various platforms
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution + 3 years of client-service/client-facing experience in a professional work environment, or minimum of 6 years of experience in related role without undergraduate degree
- Tax preparation experience using Lacerte Tax software or similar program desired
- CPA or Enrolled Agent designation(s) or willingness to earn within specified timeframe
- High attention to detail; must be organized, accurate, and able to multitask
- Self-starter with desire for continuous learning
- Quick to learn new technology and comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of an organization – and a desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary and Benefits
- Total compensation package is industry/geography competitive and includes base salary + benefits
- Benefits – Paid time off, Health Insurance,401(k) with Employer Match, Profit Sharing Contribution, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
Why join FSG?
For nearly forty years, Financial Service Group has been serving clients in Racine and surrounding communities. Retaining the culture of our fee-only financial planning firm is paramount with every hire and we take our time to make the choice that will integrate with the team, align with our values, and be an ideal fit in working with our select group of clients.
As a fee-only firm, we do not sell financial products or receive commissions as payment. Rather, our clients pay a retainer, and we provide them with a full range of services related to all aspects of their financial well-being. Our mission is to take care of our clients’ financial well-being so they can focus on other important aspects of their great life…as they define it.
We know it’s our employees that ultimately make us successful. Without a solid team that shares our unique value proposition, we can’t deliver what we promise to our clients. We strive to create work+life fit in an environment of flexibility and creativity amid the hard work that goes on every day. We collaborate, we celebrate and we share in responsibility—together. We capitalize on the strengths of each team member in the helping our clients get more than they expect from FSG.
How to learn more
Send a inquiry email and resume to info@ToYourWealth.com and we’ll follow-up!
Financial Service Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer